Built St. Louis > > Central Corridor > > Downtown West > > Locust Street

Hupmobile Building
1900 Locust Street
1897

A simplified Romanesque building, with a 3rd story addition from 1910, added when the Weber Implement and Automobile Company moved in, adding this building to the long list of structures that form Locust Street's Automobile Row. More recently, it has housed Club 15.

1901 Locust Street - a Dutch half-timber styled building, home to Phat Buddah Productions.

1911 Locust Street - a 2-story Arts and Crafts building.

1822 Locust Street

Standing alone on its block, this tall, thin building is more fussy than the other Romanesque buildings in the area, with engaged columns and pilasters. It bears faded ghost signs on both party walls, enumerating some of its previous tenants. Among the more prominent:

Shallcross Service Satisfies
Booklets - Folders - Catalogs - Engraving, Emobssing, Lithographing - Staitonary

Frank's Inc. Wholesaler Distributors - 1822 Locust.
Underwear - Sleepwear - Children's Wear - Hosiery and Garments

Today it's home to Jack Dempsey Needle Art.

Weber Implement and Automobile Company
1815 Locust Street
Architect: Preston Bradshaw
1919

A long, low 3-story warehouse building with classical details, it was built as an investment property by Washington University, and housed an automobile distributor for its first two decades, followed by various radio and record suppliers and distributors. Since 1982, it has been home to Tire Mart, Inc.

  • National Register nomination form - Weber Automobile Company
  • Continue touring > > >