Built St. Louis > > Central Corridor > > Midtown East > > Washington Avenue

Father Dempsey's Charities
The beautiful red brick building at 3427 Washington was built in 1910 as a home to the Barnard Free Skin and Cancer Hospital, following a $10,000 bequest by local businessman George D. Barnard. After Barnard Hospital merged with Barnes, the building was occupied in 1956 by Father Dempsey's Charities, a home for indigent and homeless men. The Catholic charity remains there today, providing shelter, food, assistance, training and education for the needy.

Continue touring > > >