705 Olive Building 705 Olive Street
Built: 1893, as the Union Trust
Architect: Adler & Sullivan
Status: Still in use as office space. Street facade altered, 1924.
After the Wainwright, this is Louis Sullivan's other major surviving design in St. Louis.
Its street-level facade, which featured massive and heavily ornamented circular windows at the second story,
was considerably altered in 1924.
A remnant of the round windows may still be seen on the west-side alley, however.