Built St. Louis > > Central Corridor > > Washington Avenue
1627 Washington Avenue
Originally: The Drygoodsman Building
Architect: Albert B. Groves, 1907
Named for a popular magazine which was an original tenant, the building has largely housed garment manufacturers through its history.
In 2000, the building was renovated into 26 lofts, with 16 set aside for Washington University Fine Arts grads, and an art gallery and restaurant at ground level. The renovation project made Landmarks Association's list of 11 Most Enhanced Buildings for that year.
University Lofts at StLouisLofts.com
Building history at SLU's Virtual St. Louis project