Built St. Louis > > Central Corridor > > Downtown West > > Tudor Building
1901 Washington Avenue
The Tudor Building
Originally: Wrought Iron Range Company
Architect: Albert Knell, 1925
Just west of the garment district is this lovely Tudor Revival building, stretching for an entire block and originally home to a stove manufacturing company. The ground floor was designed as rental retail space, with the company's display areas on the second floor.
By the 1990s, it gave an appearance of abandonment, with numerous storefront windows boarded over, but in fact has been at least partially occupied almost continuously by various tenants. In March 2004 it was sold to a new owner who renovated the building, restoring the old storefronts and converting the upper floor to residential use.
The Tudor Building web site
National Register of Historic Places nomination form
Continue touring > > >