Built St. Louis > > The North Side > > Hyde Park
The 3800 block of 25th Street is in still better shape.
Top: A south-looking view of the entire block.
Center: The Irving School and Kindergarten, unfortunately boarded up and unused at present. The original building
dates from 1871, with an 1890s addition. January 2003.
Bottom: A duplicate view from St. Louis: Landmarks & Historic Districts, p. 151, at 25th and Farrar. The three houses shown still stand;
the closest, boarded up in the 1976 photograph, is now occupied again. Its neighbor remains empty. January 2003.
Area Street Map
|| Continue touring > > >