Built St. Louis > > Central Corridor > > Washington Avenue
1220 St. Charles Street
Architect: Gill and Jackson, 1928
This building at the corner of 13th and St. Charles is a small but decorative garage, attached to the old Jefferson Hotel on Tucker. Its form and massing relate well to the buildings on Washington Avenue, and form a beautiful backdrop for Lucas Park across the street. It is part of an extraordinary ensemble which also includes the Shell Building, the Public Library, and Christ Church Cathedral.